Carlos Correa was a Twin in 2022. Then he was briefly a Giant, but never actually was. Then he was a Met, but never officially was. Now in 2023, he’s still a free agent. It is expected the Mets to get a deal worked out, but we are in limbo.
That was the big topic of conversation on the first episode of the new year of “The Show” with Joel Sherman and Jon Heyman. YES and MLB Network analyst and former outfielder Cameron Maybin was this week’s guest.
“The Show” Podcast with Joel Sherman and Jon Heyman:
- CARLOS CORREA SAGA: Not a guarantee he will get another $300 million deal. Mets probably feel some pressure to get this deal done. Do they need to put some language in the contract related to a potential injury?
- 2023 BIGGEST PLAYERS: : Going through their top three players to watch for before going into spring training this season.
Cameron Maybin Interview:
YES Network analyst, former MLB outfielder
- AARON JUDGE: He got everything that he deserved. He would be the guy he builds his team around.
- CARLOS RODON: He is special. Yankees needed a pitcher like him.
- PLAYING FOR YANKEES: Certain guys are built for big moments, like being in a Yankees uniform on the big stage.
- INFORMATION: Explaining how the information they received as players expanded as the years went on in his career.
- BROADCASTING: It is not easy. More respect after seeing the homework and due diligence you have to go through.